Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 42 of 42

Thread: 60's Chambers

  1. #41
    Inactive Member debgro's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice site, Thanks for sharing!

  2. #42
    Inactive Member ha_asfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    680
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tux, you are 100% accurate about the poor choices I imagined for Lucille Ball, Ginger and Lee....although, IF Ginger had a Chambers, not the Western Holly.....now for Liberace. Hmmmmmmmm, you're right about the cheap motel thing he had going. Probably did that decor so he would feel at home. I saw the auction catalogue and was, well, embarassed for him. Really trashy. As they say, money doesn't buy [good] taste. When I was a young novice totally inexperienced designer working for a large fancy design studio in town, I was sent out to a house that nobody wanted to go to because it was in the city of Detroit proper in a rather scary neighborhood. The home owner invited me in and my eyes nearly popped out of my head...the entire house, furniture, lighting, accessories were were all original Herman Miller and Florence Knoll with a few key pieces of Saarienen thrown in, just to be polite, I'm sure. The woman and her husband were a housekeeper and chauffer for one of Detroit's REALLY rich old families. Their employers, when they redecorated, simply GAVE all the old stuff to this poor unsuspecting couple. After living with it in their home for a few years they decided that it was too much for them and decided to do their own brand of decorating instead. So, you never know what people have behind their doors and some of the least likely have the greatest the most likely have the Liberace Motel Theme going. The couple with the good stuff asked if I knew someone who would take the old stuff off their hands......so how do you think Anderson Cooper furnishes his home ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •